STAYCATION demand is set to hit an all-time high this year, as many Brits choose to swap a foreign holiday for a UK break.
Brits itching to get away should take note of the trending staycation spots for this summer – some of which might surprise you.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue
Sykes Holiday Cottages have compiled the top 10 spots to book this summer, based on analysis of recent holiday let bookings throughout the UK.
They've reported that bookings for summer 2021 are already up more than 40 per cent in comparison to 2019.
The small Lancashire village of Warton topped the list, followed by Runswick Bay along the North Yorkshire coast and then the coastal town of Looe in Cornwall.
The results show that many holidaymakers are choosing less well-known spots to escape the usual tourist crowds.
We've rounded up the best deals in the top three destinations, for those yet to snap up a summer break:
- Sykes Holiday Cottages 4-night breaks in Warton, Lancashire from £390 per stay
- Booking.com 4-night breaks in Warton, Lancashire from £380 per stay
- Lastminute-cottages.co.uk 4-night breaks in Warton, Lancashire from £550 per stay
- Sykes Holiday Cottages 4-night breaks in Runswick Bay, North Yorkshire from £399 per stay
- Airbnb 4-night breaks in Runswick Bay, North Yorkshire from £329 per stay
- Holidaycottages.co.uk 4-night breaks in Runswick Bay, North Yorkshire from £459 per stay
- Sykes Holiday Cottages 4-night breaks in Looe, Cornwall from £423 per stay
- Holidaycottages.co.uk 4-night breaks in Looe, Cornwall from £621 per stay
- Park Dean Resorts Looe Bay Holiday Park 4-night breaks in Looe, Cornwall from £349 per stay
The small Lancashire village of Warton famous for its beautiful nature reserve, Warton Crag, and its traditional brewery, topped the list. The village is also not too far from both Morecambe Bay and the Lake District.
Runswick Bay along the North Yorkshire coast ranked second, thanks to its sheltered bay, sandy beach and red-roofed cottages – all of which attract holidaymakers.
The coastal town of Looe in Cornwall came in third place, while other fast-growing booking locations to make the top 10 included Storrs in the Lake District and Menai Bridge on the Isle of Anglesey.
The top trending staycation spots
- Warton, Lancashire
- Runswick Bay, North Yorkshire
- Looe, Cornwall
- Storrs, Cumbria
- Brixham, Devon
- Menai Bridge, Isle of Anglesey
- Chyandour, Cornwall
- Nefyn, North Wales
- Hunstanton, Norfolk
- Dobwalls, Cornwall
Graham Donoghue, Sykes Holiday Cottages CEO, said: "With the honeypot locations across the country booking up fast, we’ve seen a huge growth in demand for lesser-known – but no less enjoyable – staycation destinations."
"Coastal towns and villages definitely dominate the list, as people are putting their passports away this year in favour of UK beach breaks."
This week’s best UK travel deals
- Best Guernsey breaks as island plans to lift UK travel restrictions
- Last-minute UK breaks this bank holiday weekend from £39.50
- Best holiday park deals over the school summer holidays
- Best June holiday parks deals from £160
- UK holiday spots during school summer break without the crowds
- Bargain London city breaks from £27 a night
Those on the hunt for more staycation inspiration can find more 2022 UK holiday deals here, seaside holiday cottages to rent and crazy cheap city UK break deals.
We've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools, cheap staycation breaks with hot tubs and treehouse stays.
Fancy a back-to-basics holiday? Here are some campsites with availability for summer.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article