APRIL is a great time to travel to a sunny destination while we wait for the UK to warm up.
We've rounded up the hottest destinations you can travel to without breaking the bank – with deals from just £132pp.
Thankfully, many countries in Europe are much warmer than the UK in April. and lots of holiday destinations remain well above 20C.
Spain and Greece boast temperatures in the early 20s, while Egypt and Mexico are much hotter if you fancy a long haul break.
Here are some of the hottest places to visit with cheap deals on offer:
Spain – 23C
For the best weather, avoid mainland Spain and head to the islands, where temperatures can be around 20-25C.
Lanzarote and Tenerife see much warmer temperatures than the Spanish coastline, with Lanzarote hitting highs of 23C.
- 7 nights at Lufesa Apartments in Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria – from £327pp
- 7 nights at Apartamentos Maxorata Beach in Fuerteventura – from £334pp
- 7 nights at 4Dreams Hotel in Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife – from £347pp
- 7 nights at BH Mallorca Resort in Magalluf, Majorca – from £307pp
Most read in travel
A new Disney attraction is coming to the UK – and it's not made for kids
Brits warned over major passport change next week – does it affect you?
Flight attendant reveals the grim reason not to use the loo roll on planes
My family ticket hack saves hundreds – some say it's a cheat but it's not
Morocco – 24C
Morocco, in North Africa, has temperatures around the mid-20s in April, making it more pleasant than the UK.
Marrakech is a great option, as coastal regions such as Tangier will be cooler.
- 7 nights at Hotel Marrakech House in Marrakech, Morocco – from £192pp
- 7 nights at Anezi Tower in Agadir, Morocco – from £194pp
- 7 nights at Timoulay Hotel in Agadir and Taghazout, Morocco – from £455pp
- 7 nights at Aqua Mirage Club in Marrakech, Morocco – from £542pp
Turkey – 22C
Turkey is one of the cheapest destinations for Brits. A study done last year found that Brits will get hundreds more for their cash if travelling to the country due to the strong pound against the Turkish lira.
It is also great for a family-friendly vacation, as plenty of hotels have on-site waterparks. Plus, it remains warm during spring, with an average of 22C.
- 7 nights at Kaan Apartments Marmaris in Marmaris, Dalaman, Turkey – from £132pp
- 7 nights at Green House Apartments in Gumbet, Bodrum Area, Turkey – from £272pp
- 7 nights at Club Alpina in Marmaris, Dalaman Area, Turkey – from £282pp
Greece – 20C
The best island to head to in April is the Greek island Kos.
Due to being one of the southern islands, it can be up to 20 degrees in the day, while the sea remains around 18 degrees.
- 7 nights at Kefalos Studios Stamatia in Kefalos, Kos, Greece – from £132pp
- 7 nights at Manolis Studios in Kefalos, Kos, Greece – from £152pp
- 7 nights at Pantheon Studios Kefalos, Kos, Greece – from £157pp
Egypt – 30C
Egypt has one of the hottest temperatures closest to the UK in April, up to 30 degrees in some parts of the country.
Flights to regions such as Cairo or Sharm El Sheikh take between four to five hours, meaning you don't have to go far for some heat.
- 7 nights at Sindbad Club in Hurghada, Egypt – from £694pp
- 7 nights at SENTIDO Casa del Mar Resort in Hurghada, Egypt – from £767pp
- 7 nights at Il Mercato Hotel & Spa in Om El Sid, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt – from £436pp
- 7 nights at Tropitel Dahab Oasis in Dahab, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt – from £451pp
Mexico – 33C
If you want to go further afield, Mexico is also a great choice in April, where temperatures hit 33C at resorts such as Cancun and Tulum.
April is considered a dry month for Mexico, meaning it's the best time to visit if you're after water-based activities like diving, swimming and surfing.
Flights from the UK take over 10 hours, and most hotels are on an all-inclusive basis, so the deals are the priciest of the bunch.
- 7 nights at Hampton Inn and Suites By Hilton Los Cabos in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico – from £1,029pp
- 7 nights at Riu Lupita in Playacar, Mexico – Caribbean Coast, Mexico – from £1,076pp
We also revealed how to find the cheapest flights to top holiday destinations, and there are return fares from £17.
We also rounded up the cheapest beach holidays this May and June, with deals from £130pp with flights.
For a budget-friendly trip, you could save money by taking a coach this year, with Legoland and Disneyland trips from £129pp.
Source: Read Full Article