THE IDF has wiped out the Hamas commander who conjured the October 7 bloodbath plot to paraglide terrorists into Israel.
Army officials confirmed this morning that Nasim Abu Ajina, the commander of the Beit Lahia Battalion of Hamas' Northern Brigade, was killed in a Monday airstrike.
Footage shared by the IDF showed the moment the terror boss's home is completely blown up by Israeli jets.
Abu Ajina was responsible for the October 7 massacre, where Hamas unleashed its terror on Israel and brutally murdered more than 1,400 men, women, and children.
He had previously led Hamas's aerial units and contributed to the development of the organisation's UAVs and paragliders, YNet reports.
A statement by the IDF and Israel's security agency Shin Bet said Abu Ajina's elimination is a significant blow to Hamas's ability to disrupt the IDF's operations on the ground.
More on Israel-Hamas war
Israel fighting in Hamas tunnels after 'significant progress' in battle
Netanyahu slams 'cruel' Hamas vid of hostages being made to call for ceasefire
It comes as Israeli forces are fighting Hamas in Gaza's sprawling tunnel network after making "significant progress" in their offensive at the besieged enclave.
Israeli troops have continued advancing deeper on the ground as they were pictured marching through Gaza and said they struck over 300 targets overnight.
It comes after footage showed tanks and troops ploughing into Gaza and wiping out 600 terror targets in 24 hours.
Israel said today that troops attacked Hamas gunmen inside Gaza's vast tunnel network – where the terror group is believed to be hiding hostages.
Most read in The Sun
Cash payment worth £300 landing in bank accounts from TODAY – exact code to spot
THERE FOR YOU
Matthew Perry’s Friends co-stars break silence on his sudden death
Maya Jama and Stormzy row in alleyway moments after they touch down in LA
READY TO SERVE
I will die for Israel & humanity, vows Brit student called up to fight Hamas
The tunnels are a key objective for Tel Aviv as it expands ground operations inside Gaza to wipe out Hamas in the country's "second stage" of war.
On Monday evening, Benjamin Netanyahu slammed Hamas after they released a disturbing video with three Israeli hostages.
The women, seen under duress, were forced to slam the Israeli government and called for an urgent ceasefire.
Speaking in Hebrew, the trio also revealed they have been in captivity for 23 days.
The twisted video description provided by Hamas read: "A number of Zionist prisoners held by Al-Qassam send a message to Netanyahu and the Zionist government."
Netanyahu has condemned the video as "cruel psychological propaganda".
"We are doing everything to bring all the kidnapped and missing people home," the Prime Minister wrote on X.
Hamas – known for its psychological warfare tactics – released the video on its social networks, which was disseminated rapidly by foreign and Israeli media.
It is unclear who the women are and if they are speaking freely.
Source: Read Full Article