Jeremy Clarkson claims the Sunday Times censored one of his columns in which he planned to discuss how ‘some people in this country can’t speak English’

  • Jeremy Clarkson claims his work in the Sunday Times last week was censored
  • Writing today, Clarkson said a section was replaced with someone else’s words
  • He claims to have written how ‘some people in this country can’t speak English’

Jeremy Clarkson has claimed that a section from one of his latest columns was removed, with a new paragraph written by somebody else put in its place.

Writing in his Sunday Times column this weekend, the Grand Tour host said that he had intended to include a section in his column last week about how ‘some people in this country can’t speak English’.

However, he appears to allege that his work was censored and that a ghost writer was used to produce a paragraph to replace his own.

Jeremy Clarkson (pictured) has claimed that a section from one of his latest Sunday Times columns was removed, with a new paragraph written by somebody else put in its place

In his latest Sunday Times column, Clarkson said that while the removed words were ‘patently true’, they may have been ‘deeply offensive’ to a small number of people 

‘So it was all removed,’ he said. ‘And that meant some poor soul had to sit down at his, or her — or their — laptop and fill the gap with a new passage that sounded as if it had been written by me, while expressing an opinion that I don’t have.’

He also said that in his latest column he would write about what he isn’t thinking ‘to save them the bother of changing it’. 

MailOnline has approached the Sunday Times for comment. 

The Grand Tour host said that he had intended to include a section in his column last week about how ‘some people in this country can’t speak English’ and that this week he had written his column so as ‘to save them the bother of changing it’

It comes after Clarkson joined Richard Hammond and James May in returning to Top Gear this month to pay tribute to late racing car driver Sabine Schmitz in a special 30-minute episode.

Sabine passed away at a hospital in Trier, Germany, on March 17 aged 51 following a three-year battle with cancer.

Jeremy, 60, Richard, 51, and James, 58, who all left the show in 2015, returned to Top Gear for the episode called ‘a tribute to Sabine Schmitz’ on April 4.

Sabine, known as the Queen of the Nurburgring, regularly appeared on the show alongside the trio before their departure to launch The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime Video in 2016. 

Source: Read Full Article