My beautiful daughter was killed by a speeding police car – I've waited 4 years for answers… but I'll never give up | The Sun

A HEARTBROKEN dad is fighting for justice after his "beautiful" daughter was killed by a police car speeding at twice the speed limit.

Jade Mutua, 22, was crossing the road in Kensington, West London, when she was run over by PC Gary Wilkinson at 64mph.

The student was rushed to nearby St Mary's Hospital in Paddington with a brain injury, broken back, neck, leg and a ruptured pelvis.

She died two days later when the decision was made to switch off her life support machine.

Devastated father Jermaine Laxmidas has been waiting four years for a full inquest into the tragic death of his "innocent girl".

He told The Sun: "People come to me and ask what happened to Jade and I can't give them a complete answer.

More UK news

Parents GUILTY of inflicting 130 injuries on baby son in ‘savage’ murder

Mystery item Nicola Bulley cops may be searching for is revealed by ex-cop

"After four years I'm still waiting. There's no end to it. I need to know."

After briefly opening, the inquest into Jade's death was adjourned as a coroner warned the police needed more time to prepare.

Two years later, Jermaine, of Kilburn, North West London, is left waiting for a definitive answer as to who was at fault.

He said: "There were documents the police say were misplaced, this led to the inquest being adjourned.

Most read in The Sun


Paul O'Grady cause of death confirmed after star’s ‘sudden’ tragic death age 67


I want to be a dad again, says Simon Cowell – it will be hard but I'm desperate


Amy Childs reveals her twin babies' sweet names a week after 'exhausting' labour

'much loved'

The Script star Mark Sheehandies in hospital aged 46 after short illness

"The last time we had any contact from the coroner's court was in October. We're still left waiting."

Reliving the moment he found out Jade had been run over in August 2019, Jermaine said that his life was turned upside-down.

The dad-of-two said: "I got a call at 2 o'clock in the morning, I thought I was dreaming, it was such a shock.

"When I got down to the hospital the surgeon pulled me aside and said there's no way they were doing 20mph.

"He turned round and said your daughter is brain dead, even if she came around she wouldn't know who you are.

"She was brain damaged, her brain was gone. We were given 24 hours to say goodbye."

Jermaine blasted the Metropolitan Police and its handling of the case, questioning why crucial documents were lost.

He said: "My lawyer said that in all his 35 years he has never seen a case handled in this way.

"What is the delay? I am the victim here, we cannot understand it."

I go into the room and see her picture, I can't move on.

The dad has opened charity The Jade Mutua Foundation Trust and works with eight others to provide shelter and care for disadvantaged people.

Jermaine, who works in property, said: "Jade worked to help people through charities. We are now doing that on a larger scale.

"With the foundation we are working with the local authorities to help disadvantaged kids.

"We are looking to build properties from scratch for the homeless and people with drug issues.

"We are taking people off the street, offering them shelter and helping them to gain employment.

"Every penny that we make goes to the foundation."

It was heard in 2021 that a police investigation following the deadly collision suggested PC Wilkinson was driving "properly".

But speaking at the time, Nick Stanage, for the family, called for a jury inquest due to police involvement in the collision.

He said: "This being a police conduct death those factors on the face of it do give rise to public concern.


"He was travelling at 64mph in a 30mph area, causing death.

"It may be that in the way the facts come out there may be an issue with regards to driving."

Referring to an IOPC report, the coroner said there is nothing to suggest PC Watkinson was driving any other than properly.

However, Bernard Richmond QC called for a three-day jury inquest, with the officer needing his own legal representation.

A full inquest will be heard before a jury at a date yet to be fixed.

Jermaine added: "I go into the room and see her picture, I can't move on. It's a struggle and there are many other people who have no voice.

"It would mean the world to me just to have closure. What is the waiting list? Why is it adjourned?

"The police know what happened, they know the answer and need to be held to account.

"I was a very outgoing guy but I've noticed a big change in myself and how I look at things generally.

Read More on The Sun

Tesco shoppers rush to buy ‘bargain’ baby essential scanning at £130 less

My six-month-old baby is toilet trained – he grunts when he needs to go

"A lot of people in this position would quit, but I'm not going to give up."

The Metropolitan Police was contacted for comment.

Source: Read Full Article

Previous post DOI’s Joey Essex and Vanessa Bauer ‘split’ one day after confirming relationship
Next post HBO Max & Discovery+ Merged Service Officially Revealed as Just ‘Max’ – Get All the Details!