Paul Pelosi attacker makes a chilling call to a TV station

Paul Pelosi attacker David DePape makes chilling call to TV station to say ‘I messed up… I’m so sorry I didn’t get more of them’ – after horror hammer assault footage was finally released

  • DePape, 42, attacked Pelosi, 82, on October 28 around 2am with a hammer at the latter’s San Francisco home 
  • After the bodycam footage was released on Friday, the attacker called local station KTVU to tell viewers ‘you’re welcome for the Pelosi attack’
  • ‘I want to apologize to everyone. I messed up. What I did was really bad. I’m so sorry I didn’t get more of them. It’s my own fault,’ he told the station  

Paul Pelosi’s attacker David DePape made a chilling phone call to a TV station saying he was ‘so sorry I didn’t get more of them.’ 

DePape, 42,  attacked Pelosi, 82, on October 28 around 2am with a hammer after police showed up at their door, bodycam footage showed. 

After the bodycam footage was released on Friday, the attacker called local station KTVU to tell viewers he had an ‘important message for everyone in America’ and proceeded to tell the audience: ‘You’re welcome [for the Pelosi attack].’ 

‘I want to apologize to everyone. I messed up. What I did was really bad. I’m so sorry I didn’t get more of them. It’s my own fault. No one else is to blame. I should have come better prepared,’ he continued. 

David DePape called a local TV station to say he was ‘sorry I didn’t get more of them’ and should have been ‘better prepared’ when he attack the Pelosi household on October 28

DePape originally told investigators that he planned to take former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi hostage. She was not in San Francisco at the time of the attack, but in Washington DC. 

DePape went on to say that ‘freedom and liberty isn’t dying, it’s being killed systematically and deliberatively.’

‘The people killing it have names and addresses, so I got their names and addresses, so I could pay them a little visit. Have a heart-to-heart chat about their bad behavior,’ he told the station. 

He also said he spent ‘all my time exposing government corruption online, only to have them silenced by freedom of speech as quickly as they could.’ 

He went on to say that the ‘ruling class [has] outsourced the recession’ and are ‘fascists.’ 

DePape said he is setting up a new website that it ‘out of reach of tyrannical global fascists and their internet censors’ after his other site was ‘silenced.’ 

As of December, DePape remained in a San Francisco jail after he pleaded not guilty to attempted murder, false imprisonment of an elder, threatening the family member of a public official, battery causing serious bodily injury, and dissuading a witness from reporting a crime. 

It is unclear how to plans to set up a new website from behind bars. 

In the bodycam footage released on Friday, it shows two police officers arriving at the Pelosi’s home, knocking on the door and waiting around 20 seconds before it is answered. 

Paul, in a pajama top and boxer shorts, answers the door as he and DePape both vie for control of a hammer.

When police arrived at the door, Pelosi and DePape answered it. Pelosi was seen wearing his pajama shirt and underwear while DePape held the hammer in front of police 

After officers told him to put down the hammer, DePape told the officer: ‘Um, nope,’ before swinging the weapon at Pelosi 

Police immediately rushed in and tackled DePape while Pelosi laid on the floor 

They each have a hand on the weapon while Paul has a drink in his left hand. The video was released alongside Paul’s 911 call and the release of surveillance video showing the suspect outside of the family’s home.

An officer asks: ‘What’s going on man?’ DePape replies: ‘Everything’s good.’

The officer says: ‘Drop the hammer.’ The suspect tells them: ‘Ummm…nope.’

Then, Paul attempts to twist the hammer out of DePape’s hand, but the suspect regains control of the weapon and begins to strike multiple times.

The two police officers rush in and tackle DePape, shouting, ‘Give me your f**king hands.’

They restrain the attacker as Paul lies collapsed and prone on the floor with liquid and ice on the ground around the two men. Officials later said Paul Pelosi woke up in a pool of his own blood.

The indictment in the case said that blood was ‘swelling’ out of the victim’s head and that Paul required surgery on a skull fracture in two places and was treated for serious injuries to his right arm and hands.

The 911 call, which was also released Friday, reveals Paul telling an emergency dispatcher that someone came into his home.

Nancy was not home during the time of the attack, but was in Washington DC 

Paul is heard trying to alert the dispatcher to who he is and the danger he’s in as he says, ‘There’s a gentleman here just waiting for my wife to come back, Nancy Pelosi.’

When the dispatcher asks who the man is, DePape says, ‘I’m a friend of theirs.’ The over two minute long 911 call comes to an end as Paul tells the dispatcher the suspect had told him to get off the phone.

The 911 dispatcher was identified as Heather Grives at the time of DePape’s arrest by San Francisco Police Chief William Scott. She is a dispatch supervisor with more than 23 years experience in the city’s Department of Emergency Management.

The call came during a 16 hours shift for Grives. The department’s director Mary Ellen Carroll tweeted following the incident that ‘[Grives] utilized her training, experience and intuition to save a life.’

Following the arrest, officers called in a Code 3 meaning that the situation was a medical emergency requiring immediate response.

DePape was asked in an interview with detectives about why he didn’t leave when he knew Paul had called 911. He responded by saying: ‘It’s like the founding fathers. They fought the British. They fought the tyranny; they didn’t just f**king turn into it.’

He attacked Pelosi in his San Francisco home 

He continued: ‘And when I left my house, I went to fight tyranny, I did not leave to surrender. I’m not going to surrender. I’m here for the fight.’

Released footage from Capitol Police surveillance cameras that had been set up showed that DePape lurked outside the home for around four minutes. The recordings were not watched by officers in real time.

The video shows DePape walk up to a glass-panel door, leave and then return wearing a large backpack and carrying two other bags.

He set all the items down and pulled out a hammer, pausing to put on gloves, and used it to smash the door glass so he could step through an opening. Speaking with detectives later, DePape said he injured his hand in breaking the glass.

In response to the release, DePape’s lawyer, public defender Adam Lipson, said it was a ‘terrible mistake.’

He said in a statement: ‘Releasing this footage is disrespectful to Mr. Pelosi, and serves no purpose except to feed the public desire for spectacle and violence.’

A screenshot of Capitol Police security footage shows David DePape outside the Pelosi home

Lipson continued: ‘The footage is inflammatory and could feed unfounded theories about this case, and we are extremely concerned about Mr. DePape’s ability to get a fair trial.’

DePape told detectives he planned to ‘interrogate’ the former speaker and to break her knee caps if he felt he was being lied to.

He also believed that Nancy Pelosi was the ‘leader of the pack of lies’ told by the Democratic Party and his actions were to ‘show other Members of Congress there were consequences to actions.’

DePape also said that he wasn’t trying to get away with his actions.

He went on to accuse the Democratic Party of being on a ‘crime spree’ in an attempt to undermine Donald Trump’s presidency which resulted in the ‘stolen election’ of 2020.

Source: Read Full Article

Previous post Girl, 15, stabbed to death as police arrest teen on suspicion of murder
Next post EU forced to defend Qatar gas ties amid corruption scandal