Shocking moment secondary school teacher appears to ‘push student out of classroom doorway and onto the floor’ – as council launches probe
- The footage was filmed at a secondary school in the Greater Manchester region
- It appears to show a male teacher scuffling with a boy who then falls to the floor
- Authorities are ‘aware’ of the incident and due processes are ‘being followed’
Authorities are investigating a shocking video that appears to show a male teacher bundling a child out of a door before pushing him to the floor.
The clip was reportedly recorded inside a classroom at a secondary school in the Greater Manchester area last week.
Footage of the alleged incident, which has been shared widely on social media, appears to show a scuffle between the teacher and pupil in the doorway of a classroom.
Both are seen struggling for about four seconds before the teacher appears to push the pupil, who then falls to the floor as youngsters in the classroom watched on.
Stockport Council, which oversees the school – hailed by Ofsted for its ‘effective’ processes to keep pupils safe, said bosses at the secondary were ‘aware of the incident’ and that staff are now following the ‘appropriate due processes’.
Footage reportedly recorded in a classroom at the school appeared to show a scuffle between a teacher and pupil. The pupil is later shown falling to the floor. Footage of the alleged incident has been shared widely on social media
Footage of the alleged incident has been viewed almost 90,000 times. It shows an alleged altercation between a pupil and male teacher at the doorway of a classroom
The footage was uploaded to TikTok on Friday and has since been viewed almost 90,000 times.
MailOnline has approached the school for comment, amid unconfirmed reports the teacher was suspended for 30 days over the alleged altercation. A spokesperson for the school said it had nothing further to add to the statement issued by the council.
Tim Bowman, interim director of children’s services and director of education, work and skills at Stockport Council, said: ‘We are aware of an incident that took place at the school and we are following all appropriate due processes. We cannot comment further at this time.’
The school, which MailOnline is not naming, was rated as ‘Good’ during the last inspection by education watchdogs from Ofsted in 2019.
The secondary caters for almost 740 pupils aged between 11 and 16 and was championed by inspectors for its ability to protect pupils.
‘Governors work closely with school leaders to ensure that the processes in place to keep children safe are effective,’ the report said.
MailOnline has approached Greater Manchester Police for comment.
Source: Read Full Article