The ultimate morning snack: Why foodies are going wild for fitness coach’s mouthwatering five-ingredient crispy hash browns
- Luke Hines has shared a recipe for healthy hash browns
- The five-ingredient recipe is from his new book ‘five kilos in five weeks’
A personal trainer and cookbook author has shared his healthy recipe for five-ingredient garlic hash browns.
Luke Hines, from Sydney, served the nutritionally balanced meal with smoked salmon and poached eggs for the ultimate morning snack.
The low-calorie dish is part of Luke’s new cookbook ‘five kilos in five weeks’ which includes a meal plan of recipes and their macros to help dieters lose five kilos in five weeks.
Luke’s hash browns serve two and have 586 calories, 25.7 grams of protein, 34.6 grams of fat and 43.7 grams of carbohydrates.
Scroll down for video
Personal trainer and cookbook author Luke Hines (pictured) has shared his healthy recipe for five-ingredient garlicky hash browns
The low-calorie dish (pictured) is part of Luke’s new cookbook ‘five kilos in five weeks’. It serves two and have 586 calories, 25.7 grams of protein, 34.6 grams of fat and 43.7 grams of carbohydrates
‘Here’s how to make my five ingredient golden crunchy crispy hash browns from my new book,’ Luke said in his tutorial.
He mixes grated potato with garlic cloves, onion powder, tapioca flour, and chili flakes to make the dish.
He advised his followers to start by frying off the hash browns on both sides until they’re golden brown and cooked through.
Whilst the hash browns are cooking Luke said it is the ‘perfect time’ to poach eggs and get smoked salmon spices ready.
‘I’m so happy with how the fritters are looking it’s time to plate up,’ he said.
The cook the arranged three fritters on a plate with three poached eggs and three rosettes of smoked salon.
He then drizzled the dish with olive oil and sprinkled it with chili flakes and parsley.
‘My mouth is salivating,’ the personal trainer said.
‘This delicious five ingredient recipe is from my new book, five kilos in five weeks,’ Luke said.
How to make Luke’s garlicky hash browns:
* 280 g (2 cups) grated potato (desiree or coliban work well)
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder 5 eggs
* 60 g smoked salmon slices
* 30 g (1⁄4 cup) tapioca flour
* Sea salt and freshly ground black
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
* Rinse your grated potato in a fine sieve until the water runs clear, then squeeze out all the excess liquid by wrapping the potato in a clean tea towel and twisting. You want the grated potato to be as dry as possible.
* Combine the potato, garlic, onion powder, tapioca flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 egg in a large bowl and mix with a fork until well incorporated.
* Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium–high heat, add heaped tablespoon amounts of the hash brown batter to the pan, using about half the mixture.
* Cook for 5–6 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges and beginning to cook through, then flip and continue to cook for another 5–6 minutes, or until golden brown, crispy and completely cooked through.
* Transfer to a plate and keep warm in a low oven. Repeat this process with the remaining oil and batter to make six hash browns.
* Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil, crack in the remaining eggs and poach to your liking. Carefully remove them with a slotted spoon and set aside ready for serving.
* To plate up, make your hash browns the base, add a layer of smoked salmon and then top with your perfectly poached eggs. Season well with salt and pepper and scatter on the chilli flakes, if using. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy for lunch or dinner the next day.
NEXT LEVEL IT: Finely chopped dill or flat-leaf parsley work a treat sprinkled on top of the finished dish.
PRO TIP: For a slightly sweeter flavour, swap out the potato for sweet potato; or for a lower carb option, use butternut pumpkin.
The book features 60 recipes which contains all the calories and macros, a five-week meal plan and the ‘movement and mindset’ to support you to lose five kilos in five weeks.
The personal trainer places an emphasis on taking a balanced and sustainable approach to weight loss.
Luke’s fans loved the simple recipe.
‘Crispy, golden deliciousness.. We know what we are pairing with our Breakfast Tacos tomorrow morning,’ one man said.
‘Looks fantastic, rapt for the macros on the recipes too. Counting the days for the day,’ another wrote.
‘Omg yum. I can’t wait for my book to arrive and to try this out,’ another wrote.
Source: Read Full Article
The 10 best bungalows on the market
What happened to Naya Rivera's son Josey?
Model who’s 6ft5 embraces height as she poses with petite pal in skimpy swimwear
Larsa Pippen Defends Wearing Box Braids: 'I'm Not White'
Stylist reveals how to dress in 'quiet luxury' style
Singer Explains Why She Butchered UK National Anthem In Front Of Thousands Of Football Fans
Kate's early years crusade takes her supermarket's frozen aisle
80 sex and love questions to help get to know a new partner