YOUR mum may say she is happy with chocolates or flowers for Mother’s Day – but does she really want a cool gadget?
Your chance to treat her is next Sunday.
So we have pulled together gizmos for germaphobe mums, DIY mums and a few for those who like a drink . . .
Zap Covid and charge
- Belkin Boost Charge UV sanitiser and wireless charger, £39.99 from Amazon – buy now
Sanitise your smartphone – or charge it.
Or clean other things, like keys, cards or rings, while you charge your phone.
- Red Nokia 2720 flip phone, was £89.99, now £79.99 from nokia.com or most stores -buy now
A modern version of the cool Nineties flip phone.
It has 4G and key apps like Facebook and Google Maps so you can stay in touch with your mum – and she can find her way to meet you for coffee (when we are allowed).
- Bosch IXO 6 cordless screw-driver, £49.99 (Vino adapter, £15.98 and Spice adapter £15.98) from Amazon – buy now
Powered screwdriver will let Mum get DIY projects done in a jiffy.
Add an array of attachments that will do everything from grinding pepper to opening a bottle of Merlot.
A sparkly smile for mum… and you?
- Oral B iO8 electric toothbrush – set of two, £275 (down from £650) from Boots – buy now
Smart toothbrush that warns if your mum brushes too hard — or misses an area.
The best part? The price has been cut by more than half and mum will have a spare for your dad — or you can grab one for yourself.
- Ember smart mug, £99.99 from Lakeland – buy now
Is your mum always forgetting her brew, reheating it in the microwave and forgetting it again?
This will let her know when it’s cooled to her perfect temperature.
It syncs with phone to alert her to the heat level – and also tells her how much is left.
Keep mum on track
- Tile Bluetooth tracker, pack of four, £19.97 from Currys – buy now
Help mum keep track of her keys, handbag or laptop.
Use the phone app to make Tile play a sound or get a location on a map.
Out of the 200ft range you can see the last known location.
- Virgin Experience virtual cocktail masterclass for two, £60 each – buy now
This 90-minute Zoom lesson comes with all the spirits, ingredients and tools to make three classy cocktails for mum — and three for yourself.
With bonus recipes and the equipment to keep for life, you and mum can make many more hazy memories for years to come.
Give mum a squeeze
- Lakeland Electric Citrus Juicer, £19.99 from Lakeland – buy now
What is better to wake up to than a glass of freshly squeezed OJ?
Get mum to open this one first thing then make her a Mother’s Day treat.
Add champagne for bonus points.
Make mum melt
- The Velvetiser Hot Chocolate Maker, £99.95 (chocolate sold separately) from Hotel Chocolat – buy now
Pour in cold milk, add the official chocolate shavings or break up a bar — and this heats and whisks them into a frothy hot chocolate.
And it comes with two cups — one for mum and one for you.
Alexa, tell mum I love her
- Amazon Echo Dot with clock, £59.99 from Amazon – buy now
Mum’s very own virtual assistant to play her favourite songs and podcasts — or let her know what the weather is.
If you get her a pair, she can even use them as an intercom to ask whether breakfast is ready from the comfort of her bed.
Coffee for days
- Cafetiere starter kit, £59.99 from coffee-direct.co.uk – buy now
Got a coffee-loving mum?
This sleek cafetiere in a jug keeps six cups warm.
You can then get her a three, six or 12-month subscription for different blends delivered from £24.99.
- Chambord French Martini Cocktail gift set, £47.50 from Amazon – buy now
This gorgeous cocktail set is sure to make mum swoon.
Complete with golden cocktail shaker and barware, two coupe glasses, Finlandia vodka and, of course, Chambord, it’s got everything you need to raise a glass with a mum of class.
- Theragun Mini, £175 from John Lewis – buy now
Nothing says “I appreciate you, Mum” like a deep-tissue massage any time she wants.
Whether her back is in knots from working from her laptop or she’s sore from her daily online workout, this gadget will do the trick.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article