Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘can expect to be treated like Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie’ at King Charles’ coronation, expert claims
- Expert says the Duke and Duchess would be less visible if they choose to attend
- Katie Nicholl says couple would be asked to take a similar approach to Jubilee
- Read More: Prince Harry ‘was in discussions to host SNL’ during whirlwind US book tour before ‘talks stalled at 11th hour’
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle can ‘expect to be treated like Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie’ if they choose to attend King Charles’ coronation, an expert has claimed.
The official crowning will take place on May 6 at Westminster Abbey where His Majesty will shun royal garb in favour of military clothing, in a bid to update the ceremony.
However, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex – who stepped down as senior royals in January 2020 and now live in Montecito, California – have yet to confirm if they will attend Charles’ coronation in three months’ time.
Writing in Vanity Fair, royal expert Katie Nicholl said that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry would potentially take on a role similar to Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie in proceedings.
Describing how they would be less visible, she explained: ‘Now that they are no longer working royals, the Sussexes can expect to be treated the same way as Harry’s cousins Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, who attend important family occasions but are not in the spotlight and do not appear on the Buckingham Palace balcony.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle pictured The Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral last June
‘It has already been agreed that only working royals will make a balcony appearance during the coronation and sources have said that the focus will be on King Charles, Queen Camilla, Prince William and Princess Kate.’
The expert noted how the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would be asked to take a similar approach what they did for late Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations last June.
Although Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were in the UK to mark Her Majesty’s 70 years on the throne, Katie noted how they did not ride in the carriage procession during the Trooping the Colour – an activity they did take part in when they were first married.
Instead, Meghan stayed out of the spotlight and was pictured spending time with Savannah Phillips and Mike and Zara Tindall’s daughter Mia from a balcony at Horse Guards Parade.
The expert also highlighted that the couple did attend the Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral but were not seated in the front row with the Prince and Princess of Wales.
Similarly, the couple – who unleashed fresh bombshells on the Royal Family with the release of their Netflix documentary in December – did not join King Charles, Queen Consort Camilla and the Wales family in the Royal Box for the Party at the Palace concert.
Elsewhere in the Vanity Fair story, the expert said the King is ‘determined’ for Meghan and Harry to attend the coronation as he ‘wants to move on’.
Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie pictured at the Queen’s funeral at Westminister Abbey on 19 September 2022
The Royal Family – including Meghan Markle and Prince Harry – pictured on the Buckingham Palace balcony in June 2018. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not appear on the balcony if they attend King Charles’ coronation, an expert has claimed
A Palace source said: ‘Whatever has been said and done, Harry is still his son and he loves him. He also cannot imagine being crowned, the most important moment of his life, without both his sons witnessing the moment.’
Prince Harry could be whisked in and out of Britain for a 48-hour appearance at King Charles’s Coronation without his wife Meghan, sources said earlier this week.
One working theory, dubbed ‘Harry in a hurry’, is that Meghan will remain behind in California to celebrate Archie’s fourth birthday while Harry flies into make a brief appearance at the event on May 6.
It was reported yesterday that both Harry and Meghan would be invited to the ceremony – but it remains unclear whether they will accept in the wake of Harry’s tell-all memoir about Royal infighting.
King Charles pictured arriving at the University of East London. A member of the public called out to the monarch: ‘Please bring back Harry!’
The report came after the revelation in last week’s Mail on Sunday that the Archbishop of Canterbury had been drawn into discussions about the couple’s invitation to the 90-minute service.
It was suggested that they might accept the invitation if they were given a prominent pew and an undertaking that Harry would not lose his Royal titles.
Earlier today, King Charles brushed off all mention of the Duke of Sussex as he arrived at the University of East London.
The monarch, 73, was met with cheers as he stepped out of his black Rolls Royce at the premises this afternoon.
As the royal greeted members of the institution who were standing outside the building, a student in the crowd was heard yelling: ‘Please bring back Harry!’
At first, the monarch did not hear what the member of the public and asked a member of his team for clarification. An aide told him: ‘Harry, your son.’
Appearing unbothered by the mention of the Duke of Sussex – who unleashed fresh bombshells on the Royal Family with his memoir Spare last month – King chuckled and said: ‘Oh.’
The King visited the University of East London to mark the institution’s 125th anniversary.
During their tour of the university, King Charles also opened their new frontline medical teaching hub.
Source: Read Full Article
Lea Michele's Son Ever, 2, Hospitalized for 'Scary Health Issue'
Kelly Ripa Details Her and Mark Consuelos’ FaceTime ‘Sexual Rituals’
Dove Cameron Is So Retro With New Clip-In Bangs: How She Achieved the Look
Ivan Bart is out as president of IMG Models
Inside Ferne McCann’s ‘life changing’ India trip with Lorri after voicenote scandal
Jewel Claims Her Mother Lenedra 'Embezzled All of My Money': Details
DAN WOOTTON: Westminster's crooked kangaroo court tried its hardest
Ana Bárbara Crowned as BMI Icon at 2023 BMI Latin Awards