My landlord is kicking me out and I have nowhere to go | The Sun

DEAR DEIDRE: MY landlord has asked me to vacate my flat within a month, and I have nowhere to go.

He says it is nothing ­personal and I have not done anything wrong. He just needs the flat back so he can let his student daughter live there.

I’m a 35-year-old single mum with a six-year-old son who is in a local school.

I’ve got a job and some money saved, but don’t know how I’m going to find another place in that time.

Rental properties are so grotty and expensive where I live, and this flat was affordable and in good condition.

Is my landlord allowed to do this?

He’s served me with something called a Section 21 notice.

Get in touch with the Dear Deidre team

Every problem gets a personal reply from one of our trained counsellors.

Send an email to [email protected]

You can also send a private message on the DearDeidreOfficial Facebook page.

DEIDRE SAYS: Your landlord can evict you for no reason if they give you a Section 21 notice – a “no fault” eviction – although the law is changing soon to better protect tenants.

However, there are procedures landlords must follow, and they have to give you at least two months’ notice.

Tell this man you need more time and are seeking legal advice.

Contact (0808 800 4444) for free housing advice and make an appointment with your local Citizens Advice for legal help.


I can’t forgive my mum for treating me like a skivvy growing up

Abbey realises that she needs to come clean to her boyfriend

Source: Read Full Article

Previous post Rickey Smiley Felt Like Being Stomped on His Chest When He First Heard Sons Death
Next post Log burner crackdown rejected as ‘ridiculous’ as energy bills spiral