Brits can receive help with £500 up for grabs in free cost of living money.

The cash support is coming through the Household Support Fund worth an eye-watering £421million.

It was first established last year, extended for a second time in the March budget and then a third in November.

READ MORE: National Grid to pay customers to sit in darkness tomorrow – here's how you cash in

Each council gets a different amount of funding depending on the size of the area, population and need.

Vouchers or grants on offer will vary by location so you'll have to check with your council to see how you'll get paid.

Usually you'd have to be on a low income to receive the government help.

For example, residents eligible for the scheme who live in Haringey could get up to £500.

To be considered, you must:

  • Live in the London Borough of Haringey (or live in a different borough but have been housed there by Haringey Council in temporary accommodation)
  • Be over 16
  • Be, or about to be, in receipt of qualifying benefits or be on a low income

However, you can't apply if you've received a Household Support Fund payment in the last 12 months.

Qualifying benefits include:

  • Universal Credit
  • Income-based jobseekers' allowance
  • Income-based employment and support allowance
  • Incapacity benefit
  • Pension credit
  • Income support
  • Housing benefit
  • Council tax support
  • Severe disablement allowance
  • Contribution-based jobseekers' allowance (JSA) or employment and support allowance (ESA)
  • Working tax credit
  • Child tax credit

  • Size 22 model defies haters to strip off and says 'lingerie is for every body'

And if your application is successful, you'll receive either:

  • A voucher
  • A BACS transfer into your bank account

How much support a household receives depends on their individual circumstances.

To apply for the Household Support Fund you can fill an online form.

You'll need the following info to complete your application:

  • National Insurance number or National Asylum Support Service (NASS) number
  • Contact telephone number and email address
  • Current full address and postcode
  • Details of benefits you receive
  • Details of your/your partner's employment including your employer's name, address and contact number (if applicable)
  • Details of the bank account you want the payment made to

The council has also written to some residents that they've identified as eligible for support.

  • Greggs fans are only just realising their bakes have 'secret markings' on them

There is other support available, for example millions of benefits and Universal Credit will receive an extra one-off £900.

Millions currently get cost of living payments worth up to £650, but eligibility criteria could change.

Pensioners could start getting a £300 one-off payment.

Also struggling families can receive the Warm House Discount to help during the financial crisis.

There's also a one-off fuel voucher from your energy supplier if you're on a prepayment meter.

Want all the biggest Lifestyle news straight to your inbox? Sign up for our free Daily Star Hot Topics newsletter


  • OnlyFans mum 'borrowing money to feed kids after Barclays claimed she owed them £1m'
  • Three in five Brits worry they won't have enough money to make it through the year
  • Heating expert shares hacks to help you save £500 on your energy bills this year

Source: Read Full Article