Prince William and King Charles ‘will NOT engage in tit-for-tat battle with Meghan and Prince Harry and will keep dignified silence’ ahead of Thursday’s release of second half of Netflix series

  • The £100 million series Harry & Meghan has been dubbed a ‘circus’ by insiders 
  • The King and Prince William will carry on ‘business as usual’ sources said 
  • It follows fears William is unlikely to ever make up with his estranged brother  

Prince William and King Charles will not engage in a ‘tit-for-tat’ battle with Prince Harry and Meghan following their Netflix series, an insider has said.

The £100 million documentary Harry & Meghan has been dubbed a ‘circus’ by Palace sources, who claim both the King and heir will continue to keep a ‘dignified silence’.

It follows fears from friends that the Prince of Wales is unlikely to ever make up with estranged brother. 

The Prince is understood to have not yet watched the first three episodes of the bombshell documentary, but is expected to do so at some point.  

Prince William and King Charles will not engage in a ‘tit-for-tat’ battle with Prince Harry and Meghan following their Netflix series, royal sources have said

King Charles and Prince William, along with other senior royals, are expected to carry on ‘business as usual’.

The King was seen at Wrexham Football Club yesterday, meeting its owner Ryan Reynolds and US actor Rob McElhenney, with Prince William expected to speak to the five winners of his Earthshot Prize after he hosted the awards in Boston last week.

And senior royals are all expected to attend the Princess of Wales’ Together at Christmas carol service at Westminster Abbey on Thursday – the same day that the next three episodes of the Netflix series will be released. 

While the Royal Family have not commented on the Netflix series, royal insiders said they have been particularly upset by the show’s criticism of the late Queen Elizabeth and her Commonwealth legacy, which was referred to as ‘Empire 2.0’

One insider told the Mirror: ‘As far as everyone is concerned it’s business as usual and there is no desire to engage in a tit-for-tat war of words.

‘There’s certainly nothing in the first half worth engaging with and there’s nothing new about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex talking in public about their time in the royal family.

‘A dignified silence is the order of the day as the focus is entirely on getting on with the job.’ 

It comes as friends told the Mail that Prince William had become distrustful of Harry’s motives to take part in the docuseries given that his new book, Spare, will be published early next year.

The heir is said to be angry about how Harry showed treatment to their late grandmother during the Megxit saga.

Last night, Prince William revealed that on the same day the Netflix show aired, he lost a close friend in Kenya 

One source said: ‘All relationships are built on trust but for members of the Royal Family, who live their life in the spotlight, doubly so.

‘The prince is a very private man and what Harry is doing is the anathema of everything he believes. 

‘On that alone, many believe it is unlikely he will ever be able to repair his relationship with them. Too much water has gone under the bridge.’

Last night, William revealed that on the day the Netflix show aired, he lost a close friend in Kenya.

In his first public speech since the programme launched, he Tweeted: ‘‘Yesterday, I lost a friend, who dedicated his life to protecting wildlife in some of East Africa’s most renowned national parks. 

‘Mark Jenkins, and his son Peter, were tragically killed when flying over Tsavo National Park while conducting an aerial patrol.

King Charles and Prince William, along with other senior royals, are expected to carry on ‘business as usual’. The King was seen at Wrexham Football Club yesterday, meeting its owner Ryan Reynolds (pictured)

‘Tonight, I’m thinking about Mark’s wife, family and colleagues who’ve sadly lost a man we all loved and admired.’

While the Royal Family have not commented on the Netflix series, royal insiders said they have been particularly upset by the show’s criticism of the late Queen Elizabeth and her Commonwealth legacy, which was referred to as ‘Empire 2.0’.

One pointed out that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had previously served as president and vice president of the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust, which supports youth empowerment in Commonwealth countries.

They said the Sussexes had been happy to associate with the Commonwealth before they ‘quit their jobs to make money’.

Source: Read Full Article