Never too early for Santa! John Lewis reveals its predictions for the top 10 toys of Christmas – including a £20 wooden trainset and a £39.99 solar system puzzle
- John Lewis has revealed its predictions for the top 10 toys for Christmas 2021
- Asked group of children aged two to 12 to test them and choose their favourites
- Scalextric Batman vs Superman (£39.99) was voted the most popular
The summer holidays have only just started but John Lewis has already shared its picks for this year’s must-have Christmas toys.
The British retailer revealed the 10 toys it predicts will be most in-demand come December, including a wooden train set and slick superhero Scalextric set.
John Lewis buyers have seen an increase in demand for puzzles, construction sets and family games over the last year as parents spent more time at home with their children. The trend is expect to continue this Christmas.
The top 10 list has been compiled based on the recommendations of a panel of child toy testers aged two to 12.
1. John Lewis has shared its picks for this year’s must-have Christmas toys. Topping the list is the new Scalextric set starring Batman vs Superman, £39.99
Revealed: Top 10 toys for Christmas 2021 as chosen by children
1. Scalextric Batman vs Superman, £39.99
2. Lego Elf Clubhouse, £84.99
3. John Lewis FSC Wooden My 1st Train Set, £20
4. Ravensburger Planetary Solar System 3D Jigsaw Puzzle, £39.99
5. John Lewis FSC Wooden Waitrose Supermarket, £65
6. Gravi Pro Starter Extreme, £89.99
7. Kaloo My first Doll, £19.99
8. Harry Potter Games Compendium £59.99
9. Tonies Soft Cuddly Friends – Hoppie Rabbit Audio Play, £29.99
10. Secret garden book, £12
The group were presented with a selection of toys, given ‘hours’ to play with them, and asked for their verdicts.
Topping the list is the new Scalextric set starring Batman vs Superman, £39.99, which will be available in stores from September.
In second place is the Lego Elf Club House set, £84.99, which gives little ones everything they need to build a festive home for Santa’s elves, complete with a kitchen and bunk beds.
Rounding out the top five are two wooden sets from John Lewis – a My 1st Train Set (£20) and a miniature Waitrose Supermarket (£65) – as well as a space puzzle, £39.99.
The cheapest toy on the list is a beautiful illustrated edition of classic children’s story The Secret Garden (£12), which comes in tenth place.
2. In second place is the Lego Elf Club House set, £84.99, which gives little ones everything they need to build a festive home for Santa’s elves, complete with a kitchen and bunk beds
3. The John Lewis FSC Wooden My 1st Train Set, £20, will be a hit with younger children
4. The Ravensburger Planetary Solar System 3D Jigsaw Puzzle has a set of 8 different 3D puzzles, allowing your children to build and create the Solar System in miniature
5. The John Lewis FSC Wooden Waitrose Supermarket, £65, gives children a chance to run their own market stall, complete with a set of scales and wooden vegetables
John Lewis toy buyer Rachael Larkman said: ‘This year we’ve seen a huge surge in the popularity of traditional toys and games that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
‘For example, sales of construction toys and puzzles such as Lego have risen 50 per cent in the last 12 months, and we predict this trend will continue for Christmas 2021.
‘The selection of top toys chosen by our panel of toy testers, includes toys suitable for all ages.
‘From “my first” toys to the exclusive Scalextric which we are predicting to be the toy of the season, there’s a great variety that will guarantee excitement on Christmas day.’
6. The Gravi Pro Starter Extreme, £89.99, is suitable for children aged 8 and up
7. Kaloo My first Doll, £19.99, is made from a soft material and comes in a beautiful box
8. The Harry Potter Games Compendium, £59.99, is ideal for any fans of Harry Potter
9. Tonies Soft Cuddly Friends – Hoppie Rabbit Audio Play, £29.99 (left). 10. A new illustrated version of The Secret Garden, £12 (right)
Source: Read Full Article