The best cleaning hacks of 2022: Interior professional shares her stand-out tricks for a sparkling home – including a liquid repellent for fabric and using a dryer for runners
- An Aussie mum has shared her six favourite tricks to simplify cleaning her home
- The cleaning guru has been trying out different cleaning hacks all year
- Her favourites include a liquid repellent for fabric and using power tools to clean
An Aussie mum-of-two has revealed the six cleaning hacks from 2022 that have helped streamline her housework this year.
Carolina McCauley, from Perth, has gained a following of more than 2.8 million on TikTok for sharing helpful cleaning and organisation hacks and tips.
In her latest video the cleaning expert rounded up her favourites from those she tried throughout the year, including a liquid repellent for fabrics and using power tools to reduce cleaning time.
Scroll down for video
Aussie mum-of-two Carolina McCauley has revealed her six favourite cleaning hacks from 2022 that have helped simplify her housework
The cleaning expert often shares new cleaning hacks she tried out, and in her latest video she rounds up her favourites from those she tried throughout the year. The hacks include a sofa stain repellent (left) and using power tools to reduce cleaning time (right)
Carolina’s first favourite cleaning hack is using a liquid protective coating from Protect Me Products to repel liquids from her white couch.
She sprays the repellent over her couch and any other fabric she wants to protect and says liquid spills now rolls straight off.
Her second favourite hack is hanging her trainers from the inside of the dryer door to dry them without damaging the shoes or creating noise.
She traps the top of the laces between the tumble dryer and the door, puts the machine on a gentle cycle and lets her trainers dry.
One of Carolina’s more bizarre hacks is using a pumice stone to clean her toilet.
The mum wets the stone and rubs it against dark water stains in her toilet bowl to return the porcelain to its original colour.
She also became a fan of using power tools for chores around the house, she said it helps her finish her cleaning in ‘half the time’.
The savvy cleaner uses a cordless electrical power brush to give her bathroom tiles and shower a deep clean. She also uses a smaller power brush to clean her sink and grout.
Carolina’s top cleaning hacks of 2022:
1. Using a liquid protective coating from Protect Me Products on fabrics and furniture to prevent spills
2. Hanging trainers from the inside of the dryer door to dry them without damaging the shoes or creating noise
3. Using a pumice stone to clean stains from the toilet
4. Using power tools such as an electrical power brush for chores around the house
5. Pouring oil into tinfoil in the drain of her sink, then disposing of it
6. Applying toilet gel to the the inside of the rubbish bin to prevent bad smells
Source: Carolina McCauley
Carolina also discovered an easy way to dispose of oil without it clogging up the drain.
She fits a piece of aluminium foil into the drain of her sink, then pours the oil into the foil and lets it cool down before disposing of it normally.
Her final hack is to apply toilet gel to the the inside of her bin to prevent bad smells.
Carolina’s followers loved the hacks. Parents with young kids were particularly fond of her trick to prevent sofa stains.
‘Pouring oil into foil is my favourite hack of the year! Thanks Carolina,’ one woman said.
‘The tennis shoes in the dryer back was a game changer,’ another commented.
‘These are so smart,’ another wrote.
Source: Read Full Article