A luxury resort group in the Maldives is hiring for a role they’re simply calling… ‘Beach’.
And no, you don’t need to have any previous experience.
In homage to Ken of Barbie fame, Coco Collection will be giving someone who’s ‘had Kenough of the Real World’ a chance to spend 10 days and nights living a doll’s best beachy life.
The successful applicant will be flown out to the gorge Coco Bodu Hithi resort in the North Malé Atoll, where there will be plenty of white, sandy ‘just beach’ to go around.
You’ll get your own ‘Mojo Dojo Casa House’ (aka beach house) by the sea, unlimited socialising time, return economy flights, meals at a resort restaurant, access to a Kencore wardrobe, the ability to bring a partner or Allan buddy, and a massage each.
The job ad also stresses that there will be ‘no actual responsibilities’, and the role excludes:
- ‘Any Real World stress or actual work
- ‘Lifeguard responsibilities
- ‘Surfing dangerous waves
- ‘Any of the sort of spirituality that comes with surfing
- ‘Horses… or the patriarchy
- ‘Medical training
- ‘Beach-offs (strictly due to health and safety reasons)’
Win a seven-day cruise around the Mediterranean with Virgin Voyages
You could win a glorious trip to the Med for two with Virgin Voyages.
Our lucky winner will be sailing around the Mediterranean on a superyacht-inspired ship with five-star food whenever you want it, top-drawer entertainment on tap, exercise classes, pool, hot tubs, the works… all thrown in as part of the package.
With two packages to choose between, you can opt for French Daze And Ibiza Nights, where you get to mix stop-offs to the beautiful beaches of the south of France and Ibiza and sample some of the party island’s famous nightlife.
Or you can take it easier on the Irresistible Med cruise, which combines Provençal heritage, the intriguing island of Corsica and the famous countryside of Tuscany.
Ready to set sail? Click here and answer the question to be in with a chance of winning this fabulous prize.
In the meantime, don’t forget to sign up to The Getaway, Metro’s fabulous weekly newsletter, to receive all the latest travel news, advice and inspiration straight to your inbox. Plus you can opt to receive even more fantastic offers and deals.
You have until midnight on August 11 2023 to enter. Good luck!
Criteria applicants must meet to apply for ‘Beach’
- ‘Ability to stand proudly in the sand
- ‘Spend endless hours staring out over the Indian Ocean
- ‘Keep track of the morning waves
- ‘Empty their head of all thoughts
- ‘Have their rollerblades with them at all times (though good luck using them on the sandy beaches of the island…)
- ‘Be comfortable performing a moody solo musical number and/or group dance sequence
- ‘Proficient at guitar
- ‘Know the words to “Push” by Matchbox Twenty by heart
- ‘Have at least two pairs of sunglasses at all times
- ‘Hold and lean on a surfboard
- ‘Have 60 years experience as Beach (preferred but not essential)’
Coco Collection’s director of marketing, Shafa Shabeer, said: ‘Beach is one of the most important jobs in the Maldives and at Coco Bodu Hithi, we have a lot of Beach.
‘We look forward to seeing the Kenergy that entrants bring to their applications, and can’t wait to welcome the successful Beach candidate to Coco Bodu Hithi!’
While ’60 years experience as Beach’ is preferred, it’s not essential – what is essential is that applicants must be aged 18 or over.
They should also ‘have serious Kenergy, whether they are a Barbie, Ken, or Allan.’
To apply, you’ll just need to send over 150 words on why you’d be Kenough for the job.
You can apply now on the Coco Collection website, and applications will close at noon BST on 31st August.
A winner will be announced by September 30.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected].
Source: Read Full Article